College Commitments 2014!May 21, 2014
SA United Soccer Club - College Commitments
CLASS OF 96 - EXCITING NEWS!!
16 SA UNITED PLAYERS COMMIT TO PLAY COLLEGE SOCCER
Monday June 16th, 2014
Congratulations to Brooke Cousins of our 98 (U17) Girls Black team. Last week Brooke verbally committed to play college soccer at NAIA school Our Lady of the Lake! Well done Brooke!
Thursday May 22nd, 2014
We are delighted to announce that Nathan Cantu has committed to play college soccer and study at Howard Payne University in Brownwood, Texas. Nathan is the latest member of our 96 Boys RIASA team to graduate from our program and he will report for pre-season training with the NCAA Division III school on August 15th. Congratulations and good luck Nathan!
Friday May 2nd, 2014
Ian Morris became the latest player to sign on to play College Soccer as he committed to Trinity University Men's Soccer Program. Ian stopped by the office to sign his commitment form and talk about his time with SA United Soccer Club, "SA Utd helped me develop technically and mentally, in order to achieve my goal of playing at the next level. SA Utd has also helped teach me balance between academics and athletics, which is crucial for college". Ian has had a hugely successful year with the 96 Boys RIASA, starring in a center midfield role. Ian will be looking to replicate this form for Trinity in the upcoming months!
Tuesday April 29th, 2014
We are delighted to announce that Diego and Emilo Mendez are the latest players to commit to play college soccer. Diego Mendez (96 Boys Black) and Emilo Mendez (96 Boys RIASA) have signed to study and play at St. Mary's University, San Antonio; having the opportunity to work with new Head Coach Michael Bonelli at the NCAA Divsion II school.
Tuesday April 1st, 2014
SA United Soccer Club is proud to announce 15 players from our 96 Boys program have already committed to play college soccer. We are also excited for several players who are currently in the process of finalizing commitments and signing letters of intent. Keep checking back for more updates!
The 16 players are as follows:
- Nathan Cantu, Howard Payne University, NCAA Division III
- Isaiah Coombs, Concordia University, NCAA Division III
- Tyler Franco, Concordia University, NCAA Division III
- Andrew Landon, Benedictine College, NAIA
- Julian Cantu, Huston-Tillotson University, NAIA
- Jesus Zacarias, Huston-Tillotson University, NAIA
- Ian Morris, Trinity University , NCAA Division III
- Nick Dauphine, Lubbock Christian University, NCAA Division II
- Colton Stoker, Sam Houston State (committed for cross country), NCAA Division I
- Kyreece Miller, University of Tampa, NCAA Division III, Great Northeast Atlantic Conference
- Donald Spears, Norwich University, NCAA Division III, Great Northeast Atlantic Conference
- Kyle Hayter, Western Texas, NJCAA Division I
- Matt De La Ossa, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), NCAA Division III
- Daniel Hebert, Trinity University, NCAA Division III
- Emilo Mendez, St. Mary's University, NCAA Division II
- Diego Mendez, St. Mary's University, NCAA Division II
Congratulations to all the players on their hard work and dedication throughtout the years. SA United wishes you all the best on your continued development at the college level.
***For further information, news and pictures, please click here***