SAU Joins the SA-PDFAug 17, 2016
SAN ANTONIO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT FRIENDLIES (SA-PDF)
SA UNITED JOINS THE SAN ANTONIO PLAYER DEVELOPMENT FRIENDLIES (SA-PDF)
We are delighted to announce that we have joined the San Antonio Player Development (SA-PDF). In another move to offer a higher level and more competitive and developmental game environment, we have joined the SA-PDF. The league is comprised of Lonestar Soccer Club, Classics Elite, Lions Futbol Club, Alamo City and Boerne Thunder. Together the clubs and Academy Directors will work together to provide a quality league and platform for U8-U10 boys and girls which truly focuses on the individual and not about winning games. There are many benefits to the league that factored into our decision to join:
- Developmentally focused, success measured by individual player progress
- Competitive environment, with evenly matched games to consistently challenge players
- Game day roster flexibility, leading to the opportunity for increased playing time each weekend, which promotes greater chance of individual development.
- Less travel with a location based scheduling, promoting a more connected program & club experience for players & families.
What helps create a developmental environment within the SA-PDF?
- Is designed to encourage players to play out of the back; help develop a possession based mentality and not just kicking the ball down the field and hoping for the best. The restriction line will help players with their decision making process as well as helping them execute core technical skills while under pressure.
No Punting the ball
- Players develop better ball manipulation and have the opportunity to develop tactical characteristics by having the ball at their feet instead of in the air
Scoring and Game Management
- Results, standings and scores will not be kept as players will naturally compete. The league prioritizes player development over results.
- Foster a player centered environment. Coach should create a positive training and game atmosphere so the player is free to experiment with new techniques, learn from mistakes and outcomes, and more importantly, have fun.
All players are registered through the US Club Soccer organization and are fully covered for insurance purposes. Member clubs work together to schedule & organize games, ensure a safe environment, and put the players first creating the optimal environment, holding true to the vision of the SA-PDF league.
Noel Hatherall, our U8-U13 Director of Player Development is excited to introduce another initative to our players “The SA-PDF offers a new format to Academy play, providing U7-U10 youth players an environment that balances competition and development and encourages technical growth. The program allows the member clubs opportunities to provide a richer, player-centered learning process for the individual, with flexibility to manipulate game format and levels of competition. We are looking forward to participating in the SA-PDF and we are excited for the new challenges ahead”.
Walter Rule (Classics Elite Academy Director) had this to say about SA United, Boerne Thunder and Alamo City joining the PDF league. “The PDF league has truly been a wonderful time for our families and players, a very competitive environment under the guidance of all the clubs DOC’s and Academy Directors. It is a wonderful moment for our league with the addition of SA United, Boerne FC and Alamo City Soccer Club”.
Contact our SA United U8-U13 Director of Player Development
Want to join our U7-U10 Academy Program for the upcoming season? There is still time register. Contact Noel Hatherall or visit our Academy Page by clicking here